High heels

I have random thoughts at random times. Today I was literally walking across campus, and I wished that my brain was connected to a computer that automatically typed because I had my whole blog figured out. Seriously.

So I have this cute pair of black open-toed wedges that I absolutely love. Alas, it's probably really time to throw them out because every time I wear them, I regret it. The unfortunate thing is that they are one of my favorite pair... thus my love for them overrules my extreme discomfort. Aside from this dilemma, one of my biggest problems with them is that they are extremely loud on some surfaces. Like today for example, in my campus meanderings I was able to evaluate the sounds of my shoes.

I love how they dress up my outfit, but sometimes the clickity-click is a little too much for me. They're A-OK on the carpet, but on the hardwood (like in the sanctunasium) or on the really wide sidewalks (especially the one by Wiley) they are out of control... On the upside, they are much better on the narrow sidewalks that run the majority of campus.

So my question to you is: Do different types of heels make different noises, or did I just miss that "high heel" walking etiquette class?

I've tried different techniques while I move, and I know there is an art to walking in high heels... but no amount of shifting my weight or walking lightly does anything for this particular pair of heels... Is it because they are wedges?

4 comments:

Kristi said...
September 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I think that one reason they are loud is because you have the whole wedge resonating off the ground surface, instead of just the top half of the foot like in regular heels. That is my expert opinion.

ashlee said...
September 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I like your expert opinion. Good thought.

rachaelgking said...
September 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Different types of heels DEFINITELY make different noises! I have some that are soooo bad... but I do it anyway, cause they're hawt. ;-)

superlucy7 said...
October 19, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Let me know if you ever figure out the answer. I have the same issue...and i think it is mostly because I don't have the high heel "walk" down.

I guess my expert opinion would be to embrace it, and enter a room in style. The heels are to announce your arrival. "Ash is in the house!" Or something like that.

Back to Home Back to Top all you need is love. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.