The Balancing Act

It's interesting to me that "we" used to make women prance around with various items like novels (and apparently milkshakes according to this photo) on their heads. Yes, I believe the primary purpose was an exercise in posture and poise, but I also think there is something to be said about what could really be going on here.

I grew up hearing that "life only got busier," but I really didn't buy into it. Year after year I've had to revoke my claim that this statement was simply untrue. The worst part is that as my life changes, my relationships change and I continue to storm through this thing called life, I realize that life is very very messy. My life is a constant balancing act, and I'm a chronic people-pleaser. Basically, I'm trying the hardest I can, but it is a constant struggle to keep all these books on my head.

Work, work, work; friends of all shapes and sizes; church; obligations; family; down-time and more. Basically, every aspect is like a book on my head. Oh and by the way, there is also the need to be sure and look dead sexy all the while.

2 comments:

Kristi said...
December 3, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I like the dead sexy part.

And yes, life Only gets busier!

Syd said...
December 11, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Good thing you don't have to try to be dead sexy. It just happens. Lucky ;)

Back to Home Back to Top all you need is love. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.